Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Safety First

After finding the startling and downright frightening picture in my last post of the baby wearing a onesie that stated Ole and Lena stole his/her "Lutefisk" I began to worry.  Is Minnesota that hard off and ridden with crime that Ole and Lena would literally steal from a baby?

I looked up the city of Clarks Grove, Minnesota where the wedding ceremony and reception are taking place.  As of the census of 2000, there were 734 people, 283 households, and 206 families residing in the city.  To top it off, about 1% are Irish.  Clearly the chances of Clarks Grove being riddled with crime are great.  I don't want MY lutefisk stolen.  I mean, I'm from the metro-Detroit area, so I'm pretty streetwise, but I think this might be above even my skill level.

Which brings me to my most recent purchase (I use to have one of these, but it was stolen): a hidden travel money belt.  I will be wearing it at all times and as soon as I figure out what this "Lutefisk" thing is and get myself one, I will be keeping it in my super top secret hidden travel money belt (featured below) and on my person at all times.  Got that Ole and Lena?  BACK OFF!

5 comments:

  1. Caitlin, you do NOT want to carry lutefisk in your purse. That's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just a fancy fanny pack, Caitlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mr/Ms Anonymous, but it goes UNDER your clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can put a vintage fanny UNDER your clothing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.tv.com/bizarre-foods-with-andrew-zimmern/minnesota/episode/1189450/recap.html

    ReplyDelete